Undergraduate Program in Computer Science welcomed its first students in September 2010. The first structuring of curriculum was carried out under the guidance of ABET and ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) criterion with the examination of leading computer science schools in the world and Turkey, in accordance with remaks of all stakeholders and consultants. Our Department also includes Bologna standarts in its structures. In the light of a new assessment phase conducted in 2014, we decided to be reviewed by MÜDEK (Association for Evaluation and Accreditation of Engineering Programs)
Our graduates will be able to
work as computer engineers, researchers or managers in national or international companies,
pursue master's or doctoral degrees in computer science, or a related field, in gradute schools worldwide, and eventually hold faculty positions in academia, and
develop new products based on advances in computer science and/or start new high-tech companies.
Our students will acquire the below knowledge, abilities and behaviors by the time of their graduation.
1. Ability to communicate effectively and write and present a report in Turkish and English.
2. Ability to work individually, and in intra-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary teams.
3. Recognition of the need for life-long learning and ability to access information, follow developments in science and technology, and continually reinvent oneself.
4. Knowledge of project management, risk management, innovation and change management, entrepreneurship and sustainable development.
5. Awareness of sectors and ability to prepare a business plan.
6. Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility and demostrating ethical behaviour.
Faculty of Engineering Specific Outcomes
7. Knowledge of engineering problems of the era, global and societal impact of engineering solutions on health, environment and safety and their legal consequences.
8. Knowledge of current engineering applications and standards used in engineering applications.
9. Ability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems and ability to select and apply proper analysis and modeling methods for this purpose.
10. Ability to design a complex system, process, device or product to meet desired needs within realistic constraints and conditions by employing modern design tools.
11. Ability to develop, select and employ modern techniques and tools and use information and communication technologies needed for engineering practice.
12. Ability to design and conduct experiments, gather data and analyze and interpret results for investigating engineering problems.
Computer Science Specific Outcomes
13. Adequate knowledge in mathematics, science and subjects pertaining to computer science and ability to use this knowledge to solve complex engineering problems.
14. Knowledge of advanced mathematics including differential equations, integral calculus, linear algebra, complex variables and discrete mathematics.
15. Knowledge of mathematics, natural science, computer science and engineering sciences necessary to analyze and design complex electrical and electronic devices, software and systems containing hardware and software components.
16. Knowledge of probability and statistics including computer science applications.
17. Breadth of knowledge in computer science encompassing data structures and algorithms, programming languages, database management systems, operating systems, analysis of algorithms and automata theory and formal languages.
18. Depth of knowledgein one of computer science areas of computer networks, software engineering, computer vision artificial intelligence or computer architecture and embedded systems.